Sunday, June 13, 2010

Pix from the weekend

We had an interesting weekend, weather-wise. Friday was lovely, and I walked downtown to pick up my race t-shirt and number, only to find out that they were not available yet. I stopped by the library for a few books, walked about half-way home and decided to hop on the bus as my bag was so heavy.
I love this bus because it's FREE! When I got off at my stop, a little neighbor boy greeted me with outstretched arms and we walked hand in hand to his front door. Isn't he cute?
He loves my camera...











Friday evening DH and I decided to go listen to the music at the cafe.
The Smuggler Mountain Boys were great. Loved the toe-tapping music, as did quite a number of other folks.








And check this out:










Saturday morning brought cooler weather. A storm blew in before noon, breaking limbs and lowering the temps about 20 degrees. Then the rain came. But that didn't stop the river surfers and kayakers.









This morning temps were in the low 40s, and there was quite a bit of new snow on the peaks. The sun would come out for awhile, then it would cloud up again...... and this went on most of the day.







Right before we arrived at the Monastery for mass, we saw a rainbow.










We had brunch at our new favorite place:







Good food ...... and a scruptious dessert!










How was your weekend?

5 comments:

Shirley Marshall said...

LOVE the new blog decor !!! Also the fabulous weekend pictures.
The food at your new favourite cafe looks very artistic.

I went to a grand-daughter's birthday party - she was 9

yammy said...

If only all busses could be that way, I'd be quite a bit richer! Have you sold more coffee sleeves??

Bella said...

Apparently 5 last week. Heather (the owner) says everyone loves them. Maybe I should make some more....

ari311 said...

Well, my weekend was rainy but....Brian and I went to dinner with his parents at coopersmiths in Fort Collins...yum....Then we went to the Wild Animal Sancuary yesterday for his b-day...Mal is coming over today to get a haircut with me and she is going to set up the fish tank...Thats my weekend in a nutshell.

Bella said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend, well, except for the rain! Have fun haircutting....
And Alice, it looks like you're the only one who noticed the change in the blog decor! I like the colors in this one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...