Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Colors of the Farmers Market


I love the sights, smells, and sounds of a good Farmers Market. The one here in Glenwood Springs is small, but mighty! The Curries supplied the music tonight. What a great band. Saw some interesting crafts as well. But we came for the food. It was hard to decide what to buy, but DH settled on some onions, cucumbers, summer squash, and chard. I could easily be a vegetarian as I love most veggies and can easily do without meat. Well, maybe an occasional piece of fish ...... or chicken ...
Anyway, did I say I love veggies? Last summer my sister-in-law, Nan, fixed us a meal at her home in Washington. She had the largest platter of home-grown veggies that I had ever seen. Gosh it was so good. Just picked and uncooked. I'll never forget that. Did I say I love veggies?

2 comments:

Shirley Marshall said...

Oh, I just relish vegies as well ! The rich natural colours are so attractive .... interesting shapes - all so inspiring to create meals as well as to paint ! I gave my therapy group vegies to paint one day - they were initially surprised, but then became really absorbed in it.
I see there are the beautiful calendulas at your market place - another favourite.

Bella said...

How interesting, Alice. What type of therapy?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...