Sunday, January 18, 2009

This I Believe




Do you ever listen to the "This I Believe" segment on NPR on Sunday mornings? This morning a kindergartner read his list of thirty things he believes. It's wonderful. Here it is:



"I believe life is good.
I believe God is in everything.
I believe we're all equal.
I believe we can help people.
I believe everyone is weird in their own way.
I believe hate is a cause for love.
I believe that when I meditate I feel peaceful.
I believe we should be generous.
I believe brothers and sisters should be kind to each other.
I believe kids should respect their parents.
I believe I should not whine.
I believe people should wake up early.
I believe people should go outside more.
I believe in nature.
I believe people should use less trees.
I believe we should help the Arctic and rainforest animals.
I believe people shouldn't throw litter on the ground.
I believe people should not smoke.
I believe God is in good and bad.
I believe in magic.
I believe people should not give up.
I believe love is everywhere.
I believe that God helps us to have a good time.
I believe we live best in a community.
I believe we can protect people in danger.
I believe we should help the poor.
I believe it's OK to die but not to kill.
I believe war should not have started.
I believe war should stop.
I believe we can make peace.


I wish more people believed what this young boy believes. What do you believe? I believe I can be hopeful for our country because of our upcoming inauguration and because of this incredible kindergartner.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...