Monday, October 4, 2010

Catching up with cafe activities

Finished a couple more aprons for the Bluebird Cafe:









I called this one "Quilty Bird" and he is by far my favorite!











And here are a couple of the young ladies wearing their aprons:













Went to a book reading/signing and met this marvelous author, Wayne Iverson. Check out his website: The Wise Hobo. He started out as a Yale University student, became a train-hopping hobo, a monk (trained with Fr. Thomas Keating!), an author. Did you know that over 500 people died last year hopping trains? It's not as easy as it looks! Mr. Iverson is a fascinating man and I loved listening to him tell his stories. I hope the Bluebird does more of these book events.






1 comment:

Shirley Marshall said...

I love Quilty Bird - he's sooooo sweet.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...