Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thankful Thursday


This week I am thankful for the fact that Youngest Daughter understands (most of the time) my strange sense of humor and bought this wonderful coffee mug for me last night!
It's called "Jesus Shaves" and when the mug has hot coffee in it, Jesus shaves.

Of course, that reminded me of the crazy story told by David Sedaris, called ---- "Jesus Shaves." I can't help but laugh when I think of David telling the story about being in a french language class where one of the women didn't know what Easter was.
"It is a party for the little boy of God who call his self Jesus...and ... you know..like that.

He call his self Jesus, and then he die one day on two morsels of lumber.

He die one day, and then he go above of my head to live with your father.

He weared the long hair, and after he died, the first day he come back here for to say hello to the peoples.

He nice.

He make the good things and on the Easter we be sad because someone make him dead today."

You can hear him read the story on This American Life right here:


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...