Sunday, December 21, 2008

Great Movie!


I am not much of a movie person. I'd much rather read a book. But when I heard about "Slumdog Millionaire" I made a note to see it. Dear Husband and I saw it yesterday. Wow! When was the last time you sat in a packed theater for an afternoon show and the audience applauded at the end of the movie? This movie is one of the best I have ever seen. Incredible beauty amidst some unspeakable horror. Good versus bad. Now, I admit to being partial to things Indian, having lived there for awhile as a youngster. I definitely left part of my heart on the sub-continent in 1965. And I'm a big fan of game shows, especially "Who Wants to be a Millionaire." So maybe I'm a bit biased. No -- I think not. It really is a fantastic movie! Go see for yourself.

Note to Dear Daughters: The leading young man (same age as Youngest Daughter) is adorable.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...