Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Last Friday's Hike

I was in charge of planning last Friday's hike as HC was off rock-climbing with a friend earlier in the week. OK, what to do? I wanted to plan something different so she'd know I wasn't slacking and just redoing one of hers! Although, I really love re-hiking. I always see something different, learn something new, and can better remember the details. I scoured the internet, looking at hiking websites, maps.... Hmmm..... Oh wait. I have a hair appointment and my hairdresser is a trail runner. She'll know!

I was right. We ended up on the beginning of one of the trails we'd previously taken but where we had turned right, this time we turned left. A whole new world.

We hiked around the Oasis Creek area and it turned out to be a good choice as we had gotten about six inches of snow during the night. But it was the perfect temperature for hiking and by the time we finished, the sky was totally blue and we had stripped off a few layers of outerwear. Ah.... hiking Colorado in the spring!









We had to climb under some broken trees....








I guess they couldn't get down the driveway.








We decided NOT to go there. What an unfriendly neighborhood sign. And we both thought that people who put up signs like that probably think nothing of coming after someone with a gun..... so.... This is where we turned around.








4 comments:

Cherie's Sewing Corner said...

I enjoyed your hike!

Shirley Marshall said...

Hi Bella .... the scenery is absolutely beautiful ..... made even more lovely by the overnight snowfall. I can just imagine how fresh the air must be up there - in the mountains. An elixir for youth ! :)

Bella said...

It's spring time in the Rockies, Alice! I love it, with all the wacky weather.

yammy said...

Looks like you chose a good one mom!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...