Monday, February 16, 2009

Make-it Monday

Most people who know me, know that I am not the cook in this house. It's not that I can't. It's that I really don't like to cook the boring, every day kind of meals. Besides, I'm married to a man whose Masters Degree is in Chemistry. He loves to mix things! But I do enjoy putting together something special. I found what looked like a great little meal for Valentine's Day in the Rachael Ray magazine. It was called "Great Date Night" and she said, "Staying in this Valentine's Day, just celebrating with your sweetheart? Try out this romantic meal!" OK, sounds good to me.

My preparation for the meal was broken in half because we ran up to Lyons for Mass at 5:30. But I figured out what I could make ahead of Mass, and then what I could do when we got back home.

Here's what the Flatiron Steaks with Cheesy, Tangy Mashed Potatoes looked like when I set it on the table:


Do you think my Sweetheart liked it? I'll let you decide:

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...