Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving


We have much to be thankful for this year -- we have enough.

"I wish you enough sun to keep your attitude bright.
I wish you enough rain to appreciate the sun more.
I wish you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive.
I wish you enough pain so that the smallest joys in life appear much bigger.
I wish you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.
I wish you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.
I wish enough "Hello's" to get you through the final "Goodbye." ~Bob Perks

I'm also thankful that the daughter who made the turkey in the photo has grown into a fine young woman. Unfortunately, I don't know which daughter made the turkey as she didn't sign it, but since all my daughters are fine young women, I stand by what I wrote!

And our newspaper announced this morning that Forbes Magazine named our town The Best Educated Town in the US. "The most-educated city in America: Boulder, Colo., home to the University of Colorado with high-tech employers like IBM and Sun Microsystems to keep alumni in the area after they graduate." Impressive? Maybe, maybe not. Never really thought that having a degree (and yes, I do) makes one a better person. Or even a good person. And that's what we need more of -- good people! Nonetheless, Forbes has given us this title and incidentally, our neighbor to the north, Ft. Collins, was named the 10th Best Educated.

2 comments:

yammy said...

Looks like the hand was traced from a chubby hand. So its probably mine!

Bella said...

Chubby hands on little children are SO CUTE! Anything else is --- unnatural!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...