Saturday, November 15, 2008

Handmade is Better

I am so excited that the weather has turned cold (at least for a little while) because my friend, Mary Frances, had just given me a pair of sweet mittens she made. I got to wear them while running errands yesterday and will definitely make use of them at tonight's CU-OSU football game.

I just love them!
Mary Frances and I volunteer together at a food bank on Wednesday mornings. She can whip up the most wonderful scrambled eggs for the folks, who have been known to proclaim the eggs "amazing." I annoy her by washing up her dishes as soon as she's finished -- and sometimes before -- but we have a great time together! Someone once said that we have too much fun at the food bank but when we asked some of the folks why they come to our place they said, "Because you love us." Melts my heart!

I also do some volunteering in a "creative lab" at a little consignment shop nearby. Common Threads offers used/recycled fashions and some new items, some locally-made products, and the creative lab -- where they have different sewing/craft classes. They carry Amy Butler patterns and fabrics which you can check out here. Here is the pillow I finished this week, being held by the lovely Sarah:

I made it using Amy Butler's Zinnia Pattern and Belle Acanthus Duck Egg fabric. You can buy both at Common Threads -- and see my pillow there as well. You might check to see where the shop-dog, Sadie, is sleeping. She seems to like these pillows!

1 comment:

yammy said...

Lamar thinks you could sell that pillow for $40 easy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...